Our Attorneys Help Families Recover in Wrongful Death Claims
Compassionate guidance for families who have lost loved ones in California accidents
We know you are mourning a terrible and unexpected loss. We know just how devastating the sudden, accidental death of a family member can be to the survivors. We can help. As horrible as it sounds, gathering evidence as soon after the accident as possible can help establish what happened and who was at fault. Insurance companies are not there to help the surviving family, they know the value of speaking to witnesses and the bereaved. They know the importance of professional photographs of the accident site property damage. The insurance companies know they have no obligation to help you. More than ever at this vulnerable time, you need someone to protect you, your family and the integrity of your missing loved one. You need Tomassian Pimentel & Shapazian.with our more than 75 years of combined experience, we will pursue, protect and champion you and your family during this tragic losses.
Causes of wrongful deaths
No amount of money can compensate, erase or lessen the grief and pain your family has suffered. Compensation can, however, provide essential financial resources to reduce the burden of unpaid medical bills, lost wages and the all too common worry of ‘what are we going to do now?’ Our attorneys help you recover the damages you are entitled to receive for the wrongful death of your loved one in your claim involving:
- Car accidents -- Distracted driving, driving under the influence (DUI) and recklessness are major factors in car accident deaths.
- Truck accidents -- Truck driver fatigue, speeding, reckless driving and substance abuse create deadly circumstances for motorists in smaller, lighter cars. Negligent corporations are usually also at fault in cases of deadly crashes.
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents -- The California Traffic Safety Report Card issued by the Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) states that 352 motorcyclists and 99 bicyclists died in California traffic accidents in 2010. Motorists contribute to these numbers by acting without caution as they maneuver around or approach bikers and motorcyclists.
- Premises liability cases -- Owners have the duty to maintain their properties and warn you about dangers. These landlords place your life at risk because of security breaches, broken stairways, loose railings, unmarked construction zones and other hazardous conditions.
- Drownings -- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that approximately 10 people die in the United States every day in unintentional drowning accidents. About 20 percent of these deaths are children younger than age 15. Lack of lifeguards, insufficient supervision and inadequate barriers are three of the primary factors in these fatalities.
- Medical malpractice cases -- Numerous patients are killed every year because of misdiagnosis, prescription errors and surgical mistakes. Both medical professionals and hospital facilities are responsible for these avoidable wrongful deaths.
- Construction accidents -- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that 17.5 percent of the 4,114 workers killed in private industry jobs in the United States in 2011 were in construction occupations. OSHA explains that falls, electrocutions, the act of being struck by objects and the act of being caught in between objects -- were responsible for most of the 721 fatalities that year.
If your loved one was killed in an accident, consult with our legal team about filing a wrongful death lawsuit
To learn about your rights to compensation for the wrongful death of your loved one, call Tomassian, Pimentel & Shapazian at 559-277-7300 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.