FRESNO WRONGFUL TERMINATION LAWYER – FIGHTING FOR ILLEGALY FIRED EMPLOYEES
- Our Fresno employment law firm has earned the reputation of being one of the best in the city, partly due to the tenacity of our attorneys.
- Our lawyers are proud to provide employees in California with honest and aggressive legal representation to hold their employers accountable.
- If you would like to meet with an award-winning attorney, we offer flexible hours so we can fit into your busy schedule without disrupting your day.
- We have been one of the top law firms in the city for over two decades and have a rating of
5.0/5.0 stars – based on 16 reviews
- You are welcome to read client reviews to learn more about what you should expect when you contact a lawyer at our firm.
If you’ve been illegally fired from a job, the wrongful termination lawyers at of Tomassian, Pimentel & Shapazian will aggressively advocate for your rights. While wrongful termination is illegal all states, California laws give workers added legal protection. Call us if you are wrongfully terminated; victims can win reinstatement and – sometimes – monetary awards. For over two decades, we have been the committed wrongful termination lawyers that scores of California workers have turned to for justice.
TERMINATIONS MUST BE LEGAL
Employer-employee relationships in California are typically “at-will” agreements. An employer or employee may end the employment with or without cause and with or without notice unless a contract specifies otherwise. Still, you may only be fired for a legal reason. You cannot be fired because of your race, sex, nationality, orientation, religion, disability, or condition of pregnancy. You cannot be terminated for requesting a disability accommodation, overtime, rest breaks, or lunch breaks. You also may not be fired these reasons:
- Taking a family, pregnancy, or medical leave
- Opposing an employer’s or coworker’s illegal activity
- Your family or marital status
- Your political affiliation or for taking the time to vote
- Your refusal to enter a hazardous work site
- Your absence from work for jury duty
- Your refusal to sign a non-compete agreement
Our wrongful termination lawyers know the anxiety that a wrongful termination can generate. When you are fired for one or more of these reasons, your rights have been violated. If you are wrongfully terminated, we try first to negotiate a settlement out-of-court. If a negotiated settlement is unavailable, we advocate aggressively for you at trial. We thoroughly assess every detail of your case; then we fight for the result you want and need and the justice you deserve.
EXPERIENCE COMBINED WITH TENACITY
With our considerable experience in employment law and our reputation for tenacity, we can guide you through a wrongful termination claim to the best possible result. We keep flexible hours to meet your scheduling needs, and we return every call promptly. Tomassian, Pimentel & Shapazian serves clients in Fresno, Madera, Tulare, Kingsburg, and Hanford counties. Our staff speaks Spanish and French, so don’t let a language barrier keep you from the legal help you need. Call Tomassian, Pimentel & Shapazian today at 559-277-7300 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.